Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 3

Hey Friends,


Sorry it has taken me so long to post the next update of my trip. Life has been pretty crazy around here with finishing up classes here in the next two weeks. But here is what happened on day 3.

DAY 3

This was the day we started out work projects. We ate breakfast outside



and then went into town to experience purchasing hardware in a different country. Once we got back to camp they gave us our different assignments.

Alisha and Vanessa worked on building a 3-D spider web initiative.



The men (with the exception of my dad) worked on remodeling a fort they had at the camp. This project took all week.





My dad, Sarah, Kaitlyn, and I worked on sanding and staining 20 boards. 



Vanessa and Alisha came and joined us when they were done with their web. 


We worked on projects until about 6pm, and then were all hot and tired so we jumped in the pool for a little bit and played a game of water basketball. 


We then ate dinner and played some volleyball before dark. 




By this time, I was ready for a shower, so we got cleaned up and then enjoyed some relaxation and a game of Dutch Blitz with partners



Here is something that I wrote in my journal this night and wanted to share with you. 
"Each day I am thankful for the opportunity I have to come here, enjoy the weather, and serve the missionaries. I am also very thankful for everyone who made this trip possible and is faithfully praying. The Lord is good! He answers prayers!"





No comments:

Post a Comment